Dr. Beatriz Amendola is an expert in the field of Radiation Oncology and Radiation Therapy and has been practicing in the U.S. for over 35 years. She is recognized in the US and abroad and is a member of the medical societies of the oncology specialty in the United States, Latin America and in Europe. Dr. Amendola is an American citizen but was born in Montevideo, Uruguay and immigrated here shortly after completing medical school.
Dr. Amendola has received Fellowships from the American Society of Radiation Oncology (ASTRO), from the American College of Radiation Oncology (ACRO) and from The American College of Radiology (ACR).
Dr. Amendola’s main areas of focus include breast, head/neck, lung, prostate as well as brain tumors. She uses a variety of technologies and treatment practices. Amendola has knowledge in the field of radiation therapy and Brachytherapy, along with the latest forms of radiosurgery using CyberKnife, Gamma Knife, and LINAC. She’s currently the head of the Innovative Cancer Institute in Miami Florida.
Dr. Beatriz Amendola’s Credentials and Previous Positions
- Board Certified in Therapeutic Radiology by the American Board of Radiology in 1980
- Residency in Radiation Oncology completed at Medical College of Virginia, Richmond, VA
- Associate Professor, Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- Acting Chairman, Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Michigan
- Director of Residency Training, Department of Radiation Oncology, Hahnemann University, Philadelphia, PA
- Associate Professor, Director of Residency Training, University of Miami, Dept. of Radiation Oncology, Miami, FL
- Clinical Associate Professor, Florida International University Herbert Wertheim School of Medicine, Miami, FL
- Clinical Associate Professor, Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Founder and Director of Innovative Cancer Institute and the Brachytherapy Institute of South Florida
Dr. Beatriz Amendola completed her residency in Radiation Oncology at the Medical College of Virginia in Richmond, Va., with Board Certification in Therapeutic Radiology by the American Board of Radiology in 1980. She has held several academic positions, including Acting Chairman of the Department of Radiation Oncology at the University of Michigan and Associate Professor and Director of Residency Training at the University of Miami, Department of Radiation Oncology. She has edited a textbook on Radiation Oncology and she has published more than 60 scientific articles in peer-reviewed medical journals of the specialty.
Dr. Beatriz Amendola has delivered more than 500 scientific presentations, scientific exhibits, and lectures nationally and internationally. She has received multiple honors and awards including the Gold Medal from CRILA (Circulo de Radioterapeutas Ibero Latino Americano). In 2015 Dr. Beatriz Amendola was awarded Honorary Membership in the Spanish Society of Radiation Oncology (SEOR) because of her multiple contributions to the specialty of Radiation Oncology in Spain. Dr. Amendola is a volunteer faculty member of eCancer since 2015, and Lacort Medical since 2018.